Why join the “People Caring For People”?
Ramsay Health Care’s philosophy of “People Caring for People” sets us apart from all other organisations. “Care” is not just a value statement, but a critical part of the way we must go about our daily operations in order to meet the expectations of our people – our employees and our patients.
We are recognised for our commitment to our employees through the fostering and development of a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way”. The Ramsay Way recognises that our people are the key to our success.
Ramsay prides itself on listening and responding to the needs of our people. You will work in an environment that is receptive and flexible and where you have the opportunity to shape the future of health care.
What you will get out of the Programme
Our Global Graduate Programme offers a unique opportunity for graduates who are flexible, mobile and dedicated to making a difference, to experience our business from many angles.
With a long and strong history in clinical Graduate Programmes, Ramsay has supported many thousands to start and build their careers in health care.
The 24 month programme will include 3x 8month rotations that include both a Corporate and Operational (Hospital) experience as well as an international rotation in one of our global locations (dependant on global travel restrictions).
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a significant project engaging with a breadth of stakeholders across the business. Rotations will be selected to reflect the education and interests of our successful graduates.
With a structured learning programme, a customised Individual Development Plan, an executive sponsor and a placement buddy in each rotation, you will be driving your own career and building key competencies and leadership capabilities, all whilst being fully supported by a dedicated local Graduate Lead.
Our next cohort of graduates will get the opportunity to share experiences and support each other and to travel to our operations around the world (border restrictions allowing), all whilst being exposed to the extremely diverse and rewarding industry of health care.
After completion of the Graduate Programme most of our graduates stay with Ramsay and are supported for continuing growth and development with many of today’s leaders at Ramsay have come through Ramsay’s graduate programmes.
Ramsay graduates will also be able to make the most of our Employee Benefits scheme, which includes:
The opportunity to join the Ramsay Employee Club, providing opportunities to access great discounts and deals on a huge range of products and services, including restaurant, café & take-Away Deals; discounted online shopping and retail gift Cards/vouchers; and discounted / pre-sale ticket access to shows, concerts & sporting events;
Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). As part our commitment to you and your wellbeing, Ramsay employees can access free counselling and wellbeing services as well as legal assistance and financial assistance;
Ramsay Employee Discount - employees can access discounts when they, or members of their immediate family, are admitted to a Ramsay Health Care facility in Australia;
Flexible Work Arrangements to support you to achieve work-life balance;
Discounts on Private Health Insurance, Gym Memberships and Banking;
Competitive salary and superannuation benefits.
Who should apply?
Our graduates, like all Ramsay people, are:
- Caring and empathic – demonstrating The Ramsay philosophy of “People Caring for People”
- Curious and inquisitive – always seeking to understand;
- Innovative – future focused and able to see ways to do things better;
- Resilient – positive and adaptable;
- Professional – striving to apply their best selves and continue to learn;
- Ethical – living with integrity and always striving to do the right thing;
- Great communicators – able to talk to influence and a wide range of stakeholders;
- Natural leaders – acting as positive role models, and focusing their own and others’ actions to achieve goals;
- Passionate about health care – wanting to change what is possible for health outcomes for all.
To be eligible you will need:
- to have graduated from your undergraduate or post graduate up to 3 years prior to the programme start date (after September 2018);
- to be fluent in written and spoken English language;
- to be a citizen or have a right to work permanently in your home country;
- to be prepared to relocate if required during the program, including an international rotation (dependent on global travel restrictions);
- to be willing to undertake pre-employment checks;
- to be available to start on 6 September 2021.
Applicants may progress through the following stages:
- Applications - Complete our application form and submit your resume and covering letter.
- Testing - Participate in online psychometric assessments.
- Video - Participate in an online video interview and online behavioural assessment, so we can get to know you better.
- Assessment Centre - Undertake group and individual activities to assess your fit with us, and so that you can get to know us better.
- Offer - We’ll let you know if you’re successful and you’ll receive a formal offer to join this program which will include job placement and development.
Please note the key dates that you should be available to progress:
- June 15th - Applications close at 9am (AEST)
- June 18th - 23rd - Completion of Online Assessments
- June 26th - July 1st - Completion of Video Interview and online Behavioural Assessment
- July 12th - Invites to Virtual Assessment Centre
- July 19th – 23rd - Virtual Assessment Centre
- W/C July 26th - Offers made
- July 26th - August 23rd – Pre-employment checks
- Monday September 6th - Start date
Read our privacy statement here
Nurses, midwifes, allied health professionals and pharmacy interns should check here for information on our clinical graduate programs.