Why it is important
Ramsay has an important role to play in the communities we serve and society at large. Our focus on health care allows us to commit significant resources to medical research, clinical teaching and training. We take a global approach to health care prevention and supporting local communities.
Our management approach
Ramsay makes meaningful contributions to local communities in a range of ways, including:
- Employment - our people often live near their patients.
- Regional and rural health care - we are often one of the largest employers in a locality.
- Social infrastructure - through our investment in new hospitals and clinics. We are committed to investing in large-scale causes and local projects near our facilities.
- Clinical outcomes - supporting medical research through the Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation in Australia and the Ramsay Santé Foundation in Europe.
Impact boundary and stakeholders
- GRI disclosures: 203-1 Infrastructure investments and services supported, 203-2 Indirect economic impacts
- SASB topic areas: NA
- SDGs: 3, 4, 10, 17